Monday, February 10, 2014

Self Tanners: Hits and Misses

I don't know about you but I looooooooove being tan! I hate my skin when it's pale because my undertones are extremely red and it's just not a pretty site. And I also don't want to premature age my skin or put myself at risk for cancer---so my only option is to self tan! And I've narrowed down my favorite and no-so-favorite tanners!

The Misses:

I know this is supposed to be an amazing product--but it definitely is not for me! The product comes out yellow-y and I honestly did not see a difference in my skin color. At all. Which is not okay.


This is another product I had high hopes for! The product itself was okay but it made me very orange.

The Hits:
    
Million Dollar Tan is one of my all time favorites! I use the extreme versions, the spray for my body and the pump face lotion. The spray comes out in a dark olive-brown color which I love because I can see where I applied it. The face lotion is white but is very easy to apply and gives you a brown tan--no orange here! I've used the spray on my face and had no problems with breakouts but it does fade a lot faster on my face as opposed to the lotion version. Love love love!! I use the spray on my body about twice a week and the face once a week! And I always get asked "are you naturally that dark?" "did you just go on vacation?" So you know it is natural looking!
This is also tied for first place as one of my favorites. It is a dark lotion that is an olivey-green/brown color which results in a dark natural brown tan color. I have the darkest color they have and have used it on my body and face and had no problems with breakouts! I have nothing bad to say about it!!


My Self-Tanning Tips:
--> Take a quick shower before you apply your self tanner. Do a thorough exfoliation and lotion beforehand, it makes a LOT of difference!
--> I recommend tanning at night. You should leave the tanner on for about 6-8 hours before coming in contact with any water or sweat, so what better time to do it than before bed!
--> If the self tanner leaves you feeling a little "sticky", wait a few minutes to let it dry then sprinkle on some baby powder wherever you are feeling sticky. The baby powder takes the feeling away and doesn't disturb the tan at all!
--> Lotion after every shower. It keeps your tan on for longer!
--> Since we wash our face most often, try to limit exfoliating if you want to preserve your tan. Or, exfoliate all you want and mix in your face-tanner with a little moisturizer to keep on glowin'!
--> If the tanner is too dark for you, tone it down by mixing it with body lotion. This also works with sprays!

No comments:

Post a Comment