Friday, February 21, 2014

How to: Make Your Nail Polish Last a Week!

We all don't have the money to get professional manicures regularly and who wants to take the time to do their nails if it's going to chip in a day or two?! I saw a post on pinterest called "DIY Gel Nails" and had to try it, and it definitely works! My nails have been done for a week now and only have signs on wear of the tips. 
Here's what you'll need: 
Any nail polish of your choice (I'm trying out my new one from my Ipsy bag!)
Any top coat of your choice (I'm using Out the Door)
Gelous Advanced Nail Get Coat (I got mine from Sallys)


How to apply:
Apply one coat of Gelous to each nail
Apply one coat of your nail polish
Apply another coat of Gelous
Apply another coat of your nail polish
Apply your top coat
Apply one last coat of Gelous
Done!

Here are my nails after painting them:



And my nails today, 7 days later! You can see the growth and you might be able to see the tips and how they are starting to wear. But they look awesome for a week!


Some additional tips/notes: You don't need to use a high-end nail polish. I've used Wet and Wild and had the same results! Make sure your nails are clean--swipe some nail polish remover even if you don't have nail polish on. Also make sure to buff your nails before so they have a nice smooth surface, I find this really helps!

Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment